1. What Would a Typical Spanish Session Be Like?
You will be meeting with one of our Native Spanish speaking tutors on private sessions to last anywhere between 2 to 4 hours. During this time you will go through as many real industry-relevant exercises as possible, stopping every so often to discuss about most relevant opportunities for improvement.
When an area for opportunity is identified, your tutor will assist you:
- Identifying the exact place where you made a mistake and giving you an opportunity to correct yourself first.
- Giving you hints of what you need to consider to get the right response
- Providing you with the correct phrase, structure or word if the hint is not enough
- Explaining you why that is the correct way
- Practicing with you with similar exercises created on the spot
- Referring you to sections on our online student center where you can review related theory that could help you review concepts where weaknesses are identified
2. How Many Hours Do I Need to Purchase?
- It all depends on (1) what your starting level is and (2) what the final level of speaking proficiency that you want to achieve is.
- We offer 9 different levels of instruction, each requiring the completion of 16 hours. They go from White (Beginner I) to Black (Advanced III), there being three beginner levels, three intermediate levels, and three advanced levels.
- Normally students will note significant improvement in their ability to speak in Spanish after completion of each 16-hour package that they end up purchasing.
- For your convenience at the time of your enrollment you can purchase just one level, or multiple levels up front so that you can benefit from volume discounts that can go up to 18 percent off.
3. Will My Spanish Tutor Be a Doctor or a Lawyer?
- It would be extremely hard to have a lawyer or doctor reserve some time of their busy schedules to teach Spanish. It will also be very expensive. Not surprisingly either would be the fact that despite their expertise in their fields they may not have the skills to teach the language. For pragmatic reasons, therefore, it would be best to be taught by a Spanish tutor that not only is native in the language but also has the skills required to teach the language effectively and the flexibility and smartness to be able to tailor your class to your specific needs.
- All of our Spanish tutors are cream of the crop. They are highly educated, carefully screened and extensively trained in the science and art of tutoring Spanish with our method. They are also energetic, enthusiastic and strongly passionate about teaching and sharing their culture.
- To read the bios of a sample set of our Spanish tutors please click here.
4. What Kind of Learning Materials Will I Be Using?
- For the most part, you will be using level-specific learning material that has been developed in house for our Spanish for Everyday Conversation Course. You will, however, complement or substitute some of the default learning material provided with contextual exercises, role plays, dialogues and activities relevant to your specific industry or profession, as suggested on our additional material for professional emphases, or as recommended by you.
- You will have access to this material through our online student center that will be accessible by you at no extra cost 24x7. Naturally you will also be encouraged to bring company or industry-specific documents with which you would like to work too.
5. Can I Join One of Your Small Groups?
- Yes, but be aware that all of the small groups cover material that is not specific to any industry or profession.
- If you are a beginner student, though, and do not know any people with whom you can take Spanish classes together, consider joining one of our small groups. These small groups, even though they will cover Everyday Conversational Spanish and not Industry-specific Spanish, will still provide significant value at a reduced cost, especially considering that at the beginning stage there is a lot of basic material that needs to be addressed first that is also covered in these classes.
- To access a current list of all small groups available, please click here.
6. Can You Assemble a Group for Me?
- All of our Spanish for Professional Purposes Emphases are only available on a one-on-one and self-assembled group format. It is therefore the student himself who enrolls in private one-on-one classes or self-assembles his own group with friends and colleagues that share the same level, interests, and schedule preferences.
- The small groups that our language school assembles focus exclusively in Spanish for Everyday Conversation and do not address any industry-specific needs given the fact that the students who join these small groups have different backgrounds and interests.
- Furthermore, our language school cannot introduce students to any self-assembled private groups as they are indeed private, meaning that they are conformed by students who want to address many times strategic and/or tactical material that is confidential to their enterprise.
- If you are a beginner student and you do not know any people with whom you can take classes together, consider joining one of our small groups. These small groups, even though they will cover Everyday Conversational Spanish and not Industry-specific Spanish, will still provide significant value at a reduced cost, especially considering that at the beginning stage there is a lot of basic material that need to be addressed first that is also covered in these classes.
7. What if There Is No Emphasis for My Profession?
- Our website lists only the most popular emphases that students normally choose. Given that our Spanish tutors have the ability to tailor their classes to any specific needs, please do not hesitate to fill the enrollment form and enter on it the emphasis that you want your Spanish classes to focus on. We will pass this information along to your Spanish tutor at the time of your enrollment so the he is aware of your needs and preferences.
- As a private student, you are also entitled to bringing as many company-specific or industry-specific material or resources so that we can personalize in situ your classes even more.
- Our online student center, accessible by our students 24x7 at no extra charge, also has many study resources available that could be very valuable on your language learning.
8. Can You Guarantee Me that I Will Get the Job or Close My Sale?
Although most of our students have been very successful with the help of our Spanish classes, we cannot guarantee that ALL students will achieve the results that they are aiming at.
Our track record of success though is impressively high. If you do not believe us, please take some time to read the testimonials that current and former students have posted over time on independent reviews sites such as Google Reviews or Yelp.
Students increase their chances of achieving the results that they are aiming at by:
- Attending all of their classes on time
- Coming to their classes well rested
- Self-studying at least the same number of hours per week than the weekly hours that they meet with their Spanish tutor
Rest assured too that as a private student, you will have the right to request and get a refund proportional to any hours not yet used if you feel at any time that you are not getting the value that you expect or if you not progressing at the speed that you aim at.
9. Can I Get a Receipt so that I Can Get Reimbursed by My Employer?
- Certainly. You can request an invoice prior to submitting your tuition, or a paid receipt after submitting your tuition. Our language school is a formally-established business, with all proper state and federal authorizations.
- For all payments made online you will also receive an instant receipt via email.
10. Can I take Spanish classes over Skype/FaceTime?
- Yes, but only if you are planning on taking classes privately with the help of one of our native Spanish speaking tutors.
- Classes over Skype and FaceTime are currently not available for semi-private small group instruction (groups that our language school assembles). You can still form your own private small group and have classes over Skype or FaceTime.
- You can learn more about our Spanish classes over Skype/FaceTime here.
Back to the Spanish for Professional Purposes Page
Have More Questions?
Buckhead - Decatur - Downtown Atlanta - Edgewood - Lenox - Little Five Points - Midtown